Home / Shop
Mcmurdo Smartfind G8 EPIRB - Cat II (Manual)
A one-time price of $1,079.00 will be added to your order.
10 Left in Stock
- Customer Reviews (0)
Rugged, multi GNSS 406MHz EPIRB with both GPS and Galileo receivers, optimised for new MEOSAR system
- Multi GNSS
- Multi GNSS including Galileo
- Accidental activation protection
- Optimised for Meosar
- Rugged construction optimised for commercial environments
- Hands free carry strap
- 360-degree strobe
- Comes with safety bracket
- 10-year battery life
- Sealed Electronic Unit
- Sealed Battery Unit
- Manual/Auto release options
Manual Activation EPIRBs
The unit comes in a Travel Safe bracket which prevents accidental activation of the water switches. This needs to be removed and the unit submerged to activate. Alternatively, users can lift the red tab and activate directly. Typically the manual EPIRB is considered the crews’ emergency beacon and travels with the crew on to the life-raft.
- SmartTransfer Bracket
- Magnet deactivates sea contacts during transport
- Prevents unwanted activations
- Best to mount on bulkheads in clear view near emergency exit
WARNING – The EPIRB will NOT be activated by water while it is in the manual brackets or in its carry-safe bracket. The EPIRB must be removed from all parts of the manual bracket before it will activate in water.
There are no reviews yet, submit yours in the box provided.
Please sign in or create an account to submit a review for this product.